Reading Area Community College builds communities of learning committed to educational growth and to the economic vitality in our region.
- We strive for excellence in all our actions.
- We promote student learning and personal growth through teaching and mentoring.
- We create welcoming and safe environments where intellectual curiosity and learning can flourish.
- We value the diversity in our community and the richness it brings.
- We connect students to resources within the College and the community at large that best meet their educational needs.
- We are committed to lifelong learning both for students and ourselves.
At RACC, we are a community-focused institution.
Anna D. Weitz, D.Ed., President
Kenneth E. Dearstyne, Jr., M.B.A., Senior Vice President for Business Services/Treasurer
Susan D. Looney, J.D., Ed.D., Provost/Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Maria Mitchell, M.Ed., Dean of Student Affairs
Michael Nagel, M.P.A., Vice President of External Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation for RACC
Board of Trustees
Mr. Guido M. Pichini, Chair
Mr. Gary W. Rightmire, Vice Chair
Mr. Thomas J. Mitchell, Secretary
Dr. Sam A. Alley
Ms. Wanda Colon
Ms. Brenda Correas
Mr. Jack R. Gombach
Mr. Michael C. Haney
Ms. Kim D. Johnson
Mrs. Mary H. Kargbo
Mr. Lawrence J. Medaglia, Jr.
Mr. Jon C. Scott
Mr. Dean E. Sheaffer
Mr. Edwin L. Stock
Mr. Michael Toledo
Mrs. Connie M. Archey
Mrs. Nancy L. Snyder
Mr. John C. Woodward
Mr. James H. Yocum
College Solicitor - Kozloff Stoudt
Mr. Geoffrey M. Stoudt, Esquire
Mr. Peter Schuchman, Esquire
Berks County Board of Commissioners
Sponsor of the College
Christian Y. Leinbach, Chair
Kevin S. Barnhardt
Mark C. Scott
Reading Area Community College is accredited by the following:
- Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania - Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in Applied Science Degree, Associate in General Studies Degree, Certificate of Specializations and Diploma of Specialization.
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education - Full Accreditation (3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104, (267) 284-5000, firstname.lastname@example.org). Accreditation Status can be viewed from the Middle States Website.
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS, 5600 North River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119) - Associate in Applied Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technician.
- The Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) - Associate in Applied Science Degree in Respiratory Care.
- The Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing Programs are approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Both programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For more information regarding ACEN contact 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850 Atlanta, Georgia 30326, (404)975-5000.
Reading Area Community College is a member of the following organizations:
- The American Association of Community Colleges
- The Association of Community College Trustees
- The Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- Commission for Education in Nursing, Practical Nursing Program
- Commission for Education in Nursing, Associate Degree Nursing Program
Student Success and Institutional Vitality
Effectively and efficiently utilize resources - human, fiscal and physical - in delivering programs and services that enable students to meet their educational goals.