This program, in conjunction with the Pennsylvania State University Nanofabrication Manufacturing Technology Program, prepares students for careers as skilled technicians for manufacturers utilizing nanofabrication technology. This discipline includes aspects of biotechnology, automation, miniaturization, integration, optics, robotics and information systems.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Apply statistical methods for accuracy, precision, and error analysis as they pertain to quality control, measured results and calculated results.
- Utilize computer applications, including spreadsheets, word processing and online communications, for processing data.
- Explain basic scientific principles related to the behavior of matter at the atomic and macroscopic levels in chemical, biological and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrate necessary skills to function as a manufacturing technician in nanofabrication.
- Demonstrate proficiency in operating state of the art nanofabrication equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying component and system level problems.
- Apply the concepts of the nanofabrication process related to advanced electronic and the latest nano-level manufacturing technologies.