The Administrative Office Specialist Certificate Program is designed to provide students with the competencies necessary to obtain employment as administrative specialists. College credit may be granted through Tech Prep articulation agreements between RACC and approved secondary schools.
Upon successful completion of this program, the students should be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in writing and speaking in a business environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding of business letters, memos, reports, and tables at a high level of speed and accuracy.
- Apply basic language skills associated with parts of speech, sentence formations, numerical expression, capitalization, and punctuation to business correspondence.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply keyboarding and proofreading skills to a variety of correspondence (letters, memorandums, reports, e-mails, and tables) using formats such as straight-copy, edited, and dictated.
- Utilize a personal computer to prepare documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and to perform basic navigation of the Internet.
- Use appropriate office procedures in the areas of records information management, telephone communications, incoming and outgoing mail, meetings and conferences, travel arrangements, and simulations projects.
- Recognize the changing nature of technology and adapt to the new equipment and procedures while retaining the most appropriate traditional office practices.
- Create integrated documents, worksheets, database, and presentations suitable for coursework, professional purposes, and personal use using personal productivity software.
- Utilize effective human relations skills in business situations.
- Apply business terminology and concepts.
- Compute wages and salaries.