Reading Area Community College builds communities of learning committed to educational growth and to the economic vitality in our region.
- We strive for excellence in all our actions.
- We promote student learning and personal growth through teaching and mentoring.
- We create welcoming and safe environments where intellectual curiosity and learning can flourish.
- We value the diversity in our community and the richness it brings.
- We connect students to resources within the College and the community at large that best meet their educational needs.
- We are committed to lifelong learning both for students and ourselves.
At RACC, we are a community-focused institution.
Anna D. Weitz, D.Ed., President
Kenneth E. Dearstyne, Jr., M.B.A., Senior Vice President for Business Services/Treasurer
Susan D. Looney, Ph.D., Provost/Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Maria Mitchell, M.Ed., Dean of Student Affairs
Michael Nagel, M.P.A., Vice President of External Affairs/Executive Director of the Foundation for RACC
Board of Trustees
Mr. Guido M. Pichini, Chair
Mr. Gary Rightmire, Vice Chair
Mrs. Delphia L. Howze, Secretary
Dr. Sam A. Alley
Mrs. Connie M. Archey
Mr. Jack R. Gombach
Mr. Michael C. Haney
Mrs. Mary H. Kargbo
Mr. Lawrence J. Medaglia, Jr.
Mr. Thomas J. Mitchell
Mrs. Zylkia R. Rivera
Mr. Jon C. Scott
Mr. Dean E. Sheaffer
Mr. Edwin L. Stock
Mr. Michael Toledo
Berks County Board of Commissioners
Sponsor of the College
Christian Y. Leinbach, Chair
Kevin S. Barnhardt
Mark C. Scott
Reading Area Community College is accredited by the following:
- Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania - Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in Applied Science Degree, Associate in General Studies Degree, Certificate of Specializations and Diploma of Specialization.
- Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges - Full Accreditation (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680, 215.662.5606)
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS, 5600 North River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119) - Associate in Applied Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technician
- Committee on the Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC) - Associate in Applied Science Degree in Respiratory Care
- The Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing Programs are approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Both programs are accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. For more information regarding the NLNAC, contact 3343 Peachtree Road, NE Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, 404-975-5000
Reading Area Community College is a member of the following organizations:
- The American Association of Community Colleges
- The Association of Community College Trustees
- The Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National League for Nursing, Practical Nursing Program
- National League for Nursing, Associate Degree Nursing Program
- Pennsylvania Colleges of Associate Degree Nursing
- League for Innovation in the Community College
Student Success and Institutional Vitality
Effectively and efficiently utilize resources - human, fiscal and physical - in delivering programs and services that enable all enrolled students to meet their educational goals whether that is to complete the first two years of college, prepare for a career in two years or less, or attain business and industry training or certification.