The Bookkeeping/Accounting Certificate Program is designed for students who would like to work in the area of accounting as accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll or billing clerks or as bookkeepers for small businesses. All coursework may later be applied to an Associate in Applied Science degree, if the student desires.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Apply fundamental business principles and accounting theory to social, legal, political, financial, and business problems.
- Implement principles, concepts, and theory to create business reports for perspective business disciplines.
- Create integrated documents, worksheets, databases, and presentations with productivity software that is suitable for professional purposes.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in writing and speaking in a business environment.
- Analyze business and accounting situations in keeping with professional standards and moral values to recommend appropriate courses of action.
Proficiency Certificates are certificates which are designed to prepare students for specific occupations and allow the student to enter the world of work with a targeted set of skills valuable in the designated occupational area.
Gainful Employment Information
Gainful employment information is intended to provide students with better information about the effectiveness of college programs in preparing students for careers. Information provided includes estimated program costs and time needed to complete the program, financing options and related careers.
View our latest gainful employment information on our website.