This program, in conjunction with the Pennsylvania State University Nanofabrication Manufacturing Technology Program, prepares students for careers as skilled technicians for manufacturers utilizing nanofabrication technology. This discipline includes biotechnology, automation, miniaturization, integration, optics, robotics and information systems. This program is designed for students who have already earned a college degree and wish to expand their education.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Apply statistical methods for accuracy, precision and error analysis as they pertain to quality control, measured results and calculated results.
- Utilize computer applications, including spreadsheets, word processing and online communications for processing data.
- Explain basic scientific principles related to the behavior of matter at the atomic and macroscopic levels in chemical, biological and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrate necessary skills to function as a manufacturing technician in nanofabrication.
- Demonstrate proficiency in operating state of the art nanofabrication equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying component and system level problems.
- Apply the concepts of the nanofabrication process related to advanced electronic and the latest nano-level manufacturing technologies.
Proficiency Certificates are certificates which are designed to prepare students for specific occupations and allow the student to enter the world of work with a targeted set of skills valuable in the designated occupational area.
Gainful Employment Information
Gainful employment information is intended to provide students with better information about the effectiveness of college programs in preparing students for careers. Information provided includes estimated program costs and time needed to complete the program, financing options and related careers.
View our latest gainful employment information on our website.