The Cyber Defense Certificate is a 37-40-credit certificate that combines both networking and systems administration fundamentals, with a focus on defensive strategies for securing systems. The program objectives are based on the guidelines in the Cybersecurity Workforce Framework published by the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE).
This accelerated program is ideal for industry professionals looking to upgrade their skills, individuals looking to change careers, or college students who wish to specialize in the field of cyber security.
The coursework prepares graduates to sit for industry-recognized certifications that includes: Network+, Linux+, Security+, Cisco CCENT, and Microsoft MCP.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Determine the role of network security technologies within a network and establish appropriate security policy.
- Identify appropriate network security tools and technologies to establish and configure a secure computer network.
- Develop ethical hacking skills and apply these in countermeasures and cyber defense to system intrusions and data breaches.
- Plan, implement and maintain security measures and controls to protect critical information assets.
- Analyze and evaluate emerging cybersecurity risks and solutions with creative, critical thinking and inquiry.
Gainful Employment Information
Gainful employment information is intended to provide students with better information about the effectiveness of college programs in preparing students for careers. Information provided includes estimated program costs and time needed to complete the program, financing options and related careers.
View our latest gainful employment information on our website.